Saturday, April 18, 2009

More From the Expo!




















































Good Morning!


I am having the time of my life here at the Original Worcester Sewing and Quilt Expo. If you have not heard of it before, you can get informarion from the website at http://www.sewingexpo.com/ . It has the best variety of textile and arts exhibits and classes that I have seen. They also have a large variety of booths and all my classes have been informative and helpful, as well as fun!


I am posting pictures this morning of the class that I took yesterday evening, called "Wonders of Weaving with Yarn." The class was taught by Janet Hampson of The Woolpack in Littleton, MA. Take a look at her website at http://www.woolpackyarn.com/ and you'll see why the pictures of our work showcase some of the prettiest and most original yarn to work with.


I was as pleased as I could be with the result of my labors in the class, and I even decided to buy a weaving loom from her, as I have always wanted to learn this and enjoyed it so thoroughly!


Incidentally, while at the Expo, I have taken courses in embroidery, quilting and applique, trendy techniques in embellishments to garments or quilts, a marketing and design copyright class, in addition to the jewelry class that I showed yesterday.


If you haven't considered it before, think about going to the Expo next April. You'll certainly find me there!




For today,


Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment