Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting Things Done!

Summer has finally come and the heat is so wonderful! I have been working on many things since I last wrote.
If you are familliar with http://www.ravelry.com/, you might have seen the beautiful knitted lace wrap on that site called, "Meandering Vine." This scarf is a variation of that, and it is such fun to work with. I have started to work with Addie Lace needles from Addie Turbo. They can make lace work go so easily!

Another set of scarves shown today are weaved, some large weave and some smaller. The variegated scarf in shades of green, blue and yellow is made using a 25 dpi (dents per inch) rigid heddle and the others are made using 4 ply knitting worcested in the warp and specialty fibers in the weft, and using a 7.5 dpi rigid heddle.

Finally, I was delighted to have been asked by my daughter's lifelong friend to make her wedding cake. I am showing that as well today. The cake topper was sewn by one of the bridesmaids and is a lovely set of birds.
My vacation in July from my Cathedral responsibilities gave me time to concentrate on my inventory for the Fall shows, and I still have a long way to go.

But for now, I feel very accomplished with getting all this done!

Have a great week!
Barbara

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I love it because it was made by you and our fantastic wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete