Sunday, August 23, 2009

Coming Back to Quilting!

Hi Everyone,
As we come toward the end of summer, my thoughts always turn to quilting. I am including pictures of two quilts that have combined two different arts: quilting/sewing and embroidery. In the baby quilt, you can see that I have used a set of alphabet motifs that have a cute little bear, climbing on each letter. In the bottom corners, one side has the information on the child-- name, birth date and weight and the other has a quote- "Babies are a gift from God." The other quilt is from an alphabet motif set called "Alphabet of Life." Each square has a letter and a thought starting with that letter. In the bottom corners, you can read, "The Alphabet" on one corner and "Of Life" with a floral spray in the other.
All the embroidery was done with my Bernina sewing computer, and I embroidered them onto the quilts before finishing them.
In the coming months, I am planning to expand my use of the interraction of these arts for table runners and quilts alike. I'll let you know how it's going!
Take care,
Barbara

1 comment: