Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sharing the fun of Weaving and Knitting

Well, it's been a bit of time since I posted last. Things are getting busy here, with knitting projects and weaving as well as the weather that has finally turned sunny and breezy.


I was invited to join a new knitting group, called "Knit Happens," which you can check out at http://www.khappens.com/ . We are a nicely eclectic group, with lots of ideas and projects that we are working on, including a nearly finished project to honor Dr. Wiggins, a recently deceased doctor here in RI. We are making Preemie Hats for the hospital. We have several patterns to work with, each quite lovely.

I have tried to learn the Magic Loop method of knitting in the round for this project, which is done using a long cable (at least 40") size 4 circular needle. Many of the girls in the group have mastered it, but I am still a novice! You can learn how to do this by clicking on this link to You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBSmxGomPk

I am including today a picture of Sue, who is the creator of Knit Happens Rhode Island. She had no idea how addicitive the rigid heddle table loom can be, so I brought it to knitting night and here she is! I believe that soon I will have another "Sister Weaver"!


So, have a great week and now that summer is practically upon us, get out in the sun and do something just for you!


Happy days,


Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment